Monday, August 13, 2012

Early in the pet food industry

In this blog I would like to tell you about my early years in the pet food industry. When I first started there were only a few choices to feed your pets. I remember selling Alpo, Ken-L-Ration and Milk-Bone.  The only food that was specialized was Science Diet. It was originally developed for the army to feed their dogs. They made something called MAXIMUM STRESS which was so rich that they had to sell it in an aluminum pail! After that brand came Iams pet foods. It was really the beginning of the pet food industry. At that time also without my knowledge came a brand created in Poughkeepsie called ABADY. This, when my knowledge of the nutrition involved in making pet food evolved, would change my view of pets, and their nutritional requirements.                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment